In today’s fast-paced digital landscape, businesses depend on cloud technologies, reliable app architecture, and efficient infrastructure management. Whether there are financial products or custom CRM solutions, AWS offers many opportunities and tools to improve its performance and scalability.
And when companies need a specialist to create apps, transfer in-house services to the cloud, or run the infrastructure powered by AWS, they hire an AWS developer. Such specialists have enough expertise and rare skills to find the most optimal ways to use the power of this tech stack, especially when it comes to custom CRM development.
To help you decide whether your business needs AWS developers and analyze the changes they can bring, we created this guide. Enjoy reading!
Why Does Your Business Need Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
WS is a cloud services platform that offers database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help your business scale and grow. Amazon Web Services offers many features and functionalities designed to help your business scale and grow. Put simply, by implementing the AWS, you will be able to:
- Store securely all your files on the cloud with 24/7 access to them. AWS provides a robust and secure cloud storage solution, allowing you to confidently store your files. Thanks to around-the-clock access, you can conveniently retrieve and manage company and customer data from any place in the world, providing seamless collaboration and enhancing productivity. This is especially relevant to custom CRM development, where you need to create a fast and secure data-sharing system.
- Create a virtual office to operate business processes. CRM developers and other software development specialists use AWS to create a virtual office environment, enabling the client’s team to collaborate effectively and operate business processes efficiently. This virtual setup facilitates seamless communication, file sharing, and task management, enabling a productive work environment, which is especially important for any enterprise and CRM solutions.
- Send bulk emails to your customers. AWS offers wide communication capabilities, including sending bulk emails to your customers. Thanks to this, you can reach your target audience quickly and efficiently, with no added CRM development costs. Whether you need to send promotional newsletters, transactional emails, or important updates, AWS provides a reliable and scalable infrastructure to ensure effective communication with your customer base.
- Deliver static and dynamic files quickly around the world using a Content Delivery Network (CDN). With AWS’s Content Delivery Network (CDN), you can ensure the swift delivery of static and dynamic files to users worldwide. Using AWS’s global network of edge locations in CRM software development, you can be sure that your content can be cached and distributed strategically. This, in turn, reduces latency and improves user experience, regardless of their geographical location.
- Use databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or SQL Server to store information. AWS provides a range of database options for CRM development, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and SQL Server. This is essential for storing and managing your business’s valuable information. Such databases offer scalability, reliability, and high performance, allowing you to handle growing data volumes efficiently and make informed business decisions based on accurate insights.
As you can see, using AWS empowers your business with state-of-the-art tools. Its infrastructure is critical for customer relationship management, as it helps confidently store your data, knowing that they are supported by a robust and scalable platform. CRM developers also use them to implement advanced analytical solutions or BI tools.
Amazon web services provide reliable, cost-effective, and adaptable cloud computing resources on which you can host your information and applications easily.
If your business needs AWS implementation, get in touch with the managers from Cadabra Studio. We will make an in-depth analysis of your business to offer the most suitable solutions for you.
What Does an AWS Developer Do?
An AWS developer is a specialist who works with application software or programs within the Amazon Web Services cloud-based platform. The primary function is to optimize how an organization uses AWS services. The list of these services varies from content delivery and writing code to data storage.
Before hiring AWS cloud developers, you
should have a clear vision of AWS developer roles and responsibilities. By knowing this, you’ll evaluate the specialist’s role in your project or business. Below you’ll see AWS developers’ roles and responsibilities in detail.
AWS Developer Roles and Responsibilities
The AWS software engineer’s role in projects is to build and integrate AWS-based computer systems and data. AWS Developer responsibilities vary, depending on the company’s priorities. The essential list consists of:
- understanding the current application infrastructure and suggest changes to it;
- defining and documenting best practices regarding infrastructure maintenance;
- migrating infrastructure with minimal downtime;
- setting up a monitoring stack;
- implementing service capacity planning strategies;
- ensure continual knowledge management;
- helping the client in migration to AWS;
- developing cost-effective migration strategies.
The list of AWS developer responsibilities becomes broader, according to the certifications that developers commonly have. The types of certifications and their importance we’ll describe in the next section, meanwhile, you are already familiar with the role of the AWS developer.
Hiring an AWS Developer: Key Considerations
Finding the right candidate with the necessary skills and experience can significantly contribute to the success of your AWS implementation. Really qualified specialists in this tech stack are a rarity. Not to mention that in some cases, your vision may simply not align, or a communication barrier will prevent success.
Whether it is custom CRM development or insurance software creation, when it comes to hiring an AWS developer, several important factors must be considered. Of course, often, the search for a candidate depends on the unique features and needs of a specific company and software. Obviously, CRM development and tourist applications, for example, have completely different requirements and implementation methods. However, there are a few common key considerations to keep in mind:
In CRM development or healthcare products creation or any other software development experience is exceptionally important. This is half of the project’s success.
Look for AWS developers who have a strong technical background and relevant experience in working with AWS services and can help you to choose the best platform for software development. They should be proficient in various AWS tools, technologies, and programming languages to effectively develop, deploy, and manage applications on the AWS platform.
Project specific experience
Whether it is CRM development or any other software, your project has unique requirements, challenges, and pitfalls. Consider candidates who have experience working on projects similar to yours. Whether it’s building scalable web applications, implementing cloud-based infrastructure, or managing data analytics solutions, relevant project experience can ensure that the developer understands the specific challenges and requirements of your industry or business domain.
We will talk about this in more detail later, but I would like to emphasize this right now.
AWS certifications can clearly indicate a developer’s knowledge and expertise in AWS. Look for certifications such as AWS Certified Developer, Associate, or AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, as they demonstrate a solid understanding of AWS services and best practices. This is equally relevant for CRM developers or any other AWS engineers.
Communication and collaboration
Effective communication and collaboration are crucial for success not only for custom CRM development but for any AWS development projects. Seek developers who can effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and work well within cross-functional teams. They should be able to translate business requirements into technical solutions and provide timely updates on project progress.
Miscommunication can negate the work of even the most experienced developer. And this is lost time and money for you. Therefore, already at the first demo call, assess the level of understanding and determine the ways of communication.
Continuous learning and skills improving
Good CRM developers are those who are continuously improving their knowledge and skills, especially in rare fields. CRM development is just an example – any other project has the same consideration.
The field of cloud computing, including AWS, is constantly evolving. Look for developers who have a passion for learning and staying up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in AWS services. This ensures that they can leverage new features and technologies to improve your product AWS infrastructure continually.
Budget, limitations, and resource
CRM developers have approximately the same rates for different projects. However, other factors, such as product scale, functionality, regulatory requirements, etc., may affect the total cost. Not only in CRM development but also in the creation of any other software, you should clearly understand the limitations, including financial ones.
Determine your budget and resource allocation for hiring an AWS developer. Consider factors such as salary expectations, project duration, and the level of experience required. Balancing cost considerations with the need for skilled expertise is essential for making the right hiring decision.
Understanding and considering these key factors help you to ensure that you hire an AWS developer who not only possesses the technical skills but also aligns with your business objectives and can contribute effectively to the success of your AWS implementation, whether it is custom CRM solutions or mobile applications for clients.
Find the time to conduct thorough interviews, review portfolios or past project experiences, and consider any additional qualifications or specialized skills that may be relevant to your specific project requirements (CRM solutions, healthcare software, insurance apps, etc.).
Importance of AWS Certifications
For a business owner that wants to hire an AWS cloud developer, certifications are good signs that candidates have invested in their development and are committed to keeping their skills up to date. Certificates make an excellent shortcut for sizing up what a candidate knows.
What is an AWS-certified developer? It is a professional that has an in-depth understanding of AWS architectural principles and services. They can plan, design, and scale AWS cloud implementations using the best practices recommended by Amazon.
AWS offers 12 certifications: a foundational certification, three associate-level certifications, two professional-level certifications, and six specialty certifications.
The list of certifications will help you choose which type of AWS cloud developer you want to cooperate with:
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner;
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate;
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate;
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (SAA-C02);
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional;
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional;
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty;
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty;
- AWS Certified Machine Learning – Specialty;
- AWS Certified Database – Specialty (DBS-C01);
- AWS Certified Data Analytics – Specialty (DAS-C01);
- AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder – Specialty.
Remember that certifications are the accreditation of theoretical knowledge, but practical implementation is more critical. For this reason, certifications should always be considered a major nice-to-have feature.
Benefits of Hiring an AWS Developer for Your Business
By having a firm understanding of the possible benefits that AWS developers can bring to your business, you’ll optimize the business processes and maximize AWS’s advantages.
- Deployment. Deployment of web applications to AWS is the primary task of an AWS engineer. There are many ways to deploy the application. However, an AWS developer suggests the newest one to evolve. Hence, your cloud storage will always be updated to the latest version.
- Security. AWS developers know all the ins and outs of the AWS Security Model and IAM, so they quickly fix the most common bugs and issues that arise in AWS.
- Databases. AWS engineers have many options for proper operating with databases that are an essential part of every web application. You can pick the wrong option, hindering your application’s growth. In this case, AWS engineers help you figure out which database service is right for your application.
- Cost optimization. AWS developers have expertise in optimizing costs associated with AWS services. They can analyze your business requirements and recommend cost-effective solutions that align with your budget and specific requirements (for customer relationship management apps or web applications, for example). They also help you identify and implement cost-saving measures, such as selecting the right instance types, operating reserved instances, etc. Their insights can contribute to significant cost savings, ensuring that you make the most out of your AWS investments.
- Scalability and flexibility. AWS provides a highly scalable and flexible infrastructure, allowing businesses to adjust their resources based on demand seamlessly. AWS developers understand how to design and implement scalable architectures that can handle spikes in traffic and customer data or accommodate business growth. AWS developers can optimize your infrastructure for scalability, enabling your business to handle peak loads without any disruptions or performance issues.
By hiring professional AWS developers, companies save money as they help identify the required AWS services for the web application, write code that optimizes these services, and encrypt critical security spots such as credentials.
When to Hire an AWS Developer?
For companies that want to launch their service or product online, AWS lowers the hurdles. If your business operates with large amounts of data, needs building and maintaining AWS BigData solutions, or you have cloud-based development projects, hire AWS developers.
Organizations that successfully integrate AWS solutions get benefits like increased efficiency, cost-savings, higher speed, tighter security, and easier scalability. Such apps and websites like FastCompany, Instagram, Reuters, Netflix, and Reddit are using the AWS platform.
You can be one of them. Just drop us a line, and you’ll get immediate guidance on how to implement AWS to your product.
Whether your business is connected to media and entertainment, retail, financial services, online education, and many others, AWS developers will keep it up to date on the latest iteration.
The Cost of Hiring an AWS Developer
To begin with, the exact cost of ABC developer services can be determined only after consultation and assessment of the project as a whole. This includes working with market requirements, analyzing competitors and target audiences, and creating, based on this data, the approximate desired functionality and business requirements.
However, there are several general factors that affect both the involvement of AWS specialists in CRM development and the creation of any other product. Let’s take a closer look at them.
- Tasks complexity. The specific requirements and complexity of the project will influence the cost.
- Experience and skill level. AWS and CRM developers with extensive knowledge and specialized skills may charge higher rates compared to those with less experience.
- Country. The location of the AWS developer can significantly affect the cost. Hourly rates vary across different countries due to differences in the cost of living, labor market conditions, and currency exchange rates.
- Project timeline and duration. These factors can impact the overall cost. If a project requires a quick turnaround or needs the developer to dedicate a significant amount of time, it may result in higher costs.
- Additional services and expertise. If additional services, such as database management, security implementation, or architectural design, are required, the cost may increase accordingly. Developers with specialized expertise in specific AWS services or technologies may also charge higher rates.
- Project scope and scale. Larger-scale projects with more extensive requirements may require a team of developers or additional resources, leading to higher costs.
- Development company or agency. The platform or agency through which you hire the AWS developer can also influence the cost. Different companies may have varying fee structures or collaboration models, which can affect the overall cost.
With the help of cloud computing, companies across various industries have reduced costs, increased flexibility, and productivity. AWS as the fastest evolving cloud platform on the market entails businesses to interact with their partners and suppliers in seamless, organized ways.
Companies use AWS cloud computing solutions for web and application hosting, ample data storage and analytics, backup and disaster recovery, custom projects in emerging areas like IoT and more.
This article may be interesting for you: IoT Business Opportunities
The AWS developer’s role in this process is to ensure that all mentioned features and services function correctly. Your business needs AWS developers because they have expertise in using plug-ins, extensions, and modules used to increase the functionality of your website or application.
Cadabra Studio has skilled AWS cloud developers that tackle the most difficult task with ease. They offer customized strategies and solutions to provide top-notch outcomes.
If you are looking forward to hiring a professional AWS developer, simply fill the contact form on our website, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Each AWS cloud developer must have the following skills: knowledge of programming languages, security perimeter, ascertaining the prowess of DevOps, AWS SDK, debugging, databases, deployment, and serverless.
The average cost of hiring AWS developers ranges from $20 to $80. The hourly rate depends on several factors such as developer level, collaboration model, where the developer is hired, etc.
Of course, you don’t have to hire AWS-certified developers. However, there is no guarantee that a non-certified AWS developer will be able to create a perfect product for you, while an AWS-certified developer practically guarantees a perfect job.