Artificial intelligence is everywhere. It improves our photos, processes images, tracks criminals, recognizes faces, and even manages transport in logistics. AI and ML technologies are used to analyze large amounts of data in medicine and science; they are a trump card in the field of business development. Not to mention how they improve the effectiveness of personalized customer service.
AI-based chatbots can provide accurate answers to questions around the clock. Such technologies can be integrated into the site or created particularly for the needs of a specific business. Be that as it may, experts claim that chatbots will become the main customer service channel for a quarter of organizations worldwide.
Chat GPT is an example of such technology that, with open access, learns at an incredible pace and brings real benefits to the business. It can perform several functions not only in the field of service but in advertising and marketing. In addition, it is actively used by developers to improve and simplify the code. So, this is a universal tool that is constantly getting better. Let’s talk about it in more detail.
What is Chat GPT?
Chat GPT, i.e., Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer, is a creation of OpenAI, a chatbot that was launched in November 2022. It is a tool developed using the capabilities of artificial intelligence and machine learning to process natural language and conduct conversations as real people would. It can answer questions, process text according to specified parameters and generate code, etc.
Since the chatbot was created for research purposes and is in the training phase, it is open for use. Today it is a powerful model for studying live communication. However, like any tech product, it has its advantages and disadvantages.
Main pros of Chat GPT
Such bots have many advantages, the main one being the ability to automate some work processes and improve customer service. However, there are several other key benefits that they provide. Let’s take a quick look at them.
- This is a promising and ambitious research project that can significantly improve customer service and bring real business value.
- It is free to use and easy to integrate. In addition, it has detailed documentation for developers. With the help of this and professional skills, you can do everything quickly and efficiently.
- It has some essential but not too burdensome limitations (we’ll discuss them later).
- Chat GPT is fluent in both written language and coding, solving its problems and writing mathematical proofs.
- The bot is available 24/7; it does not require additional effort to update.
- It carries on the conversation in a natural way and improves at an incredible pace.
- It can be a perfect AI assistant for software development, code checking, etc.
It is also worth noting that by making the product free to use, OpenAI has given it unlimited opportunities for development and improvement. People from all over the world are “teaching” it using its functionality. It receives huge amounts of data every minute, which makes its operation more efficient and progress much faster.
Main cons of Chat GPT
However, there are some important pitfalls to be aware of before using.
- Lack of sources of information and citations in the answers.
- Proper integration and configuration of the chatbot require professional developers’ skills, so it is impossible to do it without the help of engineers.
- Without proper setup and training, a chatbot can give wrong answers while trying to answer in the most natural way.
- Bot-generated content can be too complex and verbose. Also, if two users ask for content on the same topic, they will receive the same content.
- The chatbot has some difficulties with personalization.
But still, this AI tool is extremely useful and promising as it is constantly improving and updating.
How to Use Chat GPT?
If you just want to explore the possibilities of Chat GPT, all you have to do is visit chat.openai.com, create an account, and start a chat. You can ask any question for free.
More advanced use also requires authorization. Next, you need to get an API key to access the capabilities of the Chat GPT model.
After installation and some configuration, the model can be used for the following purposes.
- Writing assistant. Such AI chatbots can be used to write texts on different topics and fields. It can be blog posts, essays, advertising texts, etc. It’s a good tool for marketers and writers to help improve their writing style, develop new content ideas, etc. However, it should be understood that this is only an assistant and cannot be the primary source of the text. The obtained results still need verification, “humanization,” and improvement.
- Working with code and app development. Chat GPT can recognize, understand and generate code, which is quite an achievement among AI models. It solves coding problems, helps with the testing and debugging process, and also provides help in app development: general tips, example code, etc.
- Customer service. Such AI chatbots can deliver more intelligent and natural answers to customer questions, improving the interaction and service experience. It’s also a great way to solve customer problems 24/7 and quickly provide them with the necessary information.
Chat GPT can also be integrated as an alternative to a search engine that could answer complex questions in different ways of speaking and in various tones.
This chatbot is programmed in order not to provide harmful answers and reject inappropriate requests. In addition, the quality and accuracy of the received answer depends on the correctness of the question. Therefore, it requires additional configurations as well as instructions for users.
How to build a GPT-3 chatbot?
The easiest and fastest way is to integrate with existing chatbots. After registering on the OpenAI website, you receive your API key. It must be used for integration in chatbot settings.
Next, you need to choose one of the AI models.
- Davinci. Advance the model for working with large volumes of data, analyzing and solving problems, and generating complex code.
- Curie. Suitable for questions-answers, analysis, and adjustment of the text, etc.
- Babbage. Ideal for selecting obvious text patterns, categorizing and classifying the information, and semantic search.
- Ada. Fast, simplified analysis of texts, correction, and selection of keywords.
All subsequent actions depend on the purpose of using the product and the programming language used. Developers use the guidelines of the OpenAI documentation.
Different areas of use and types of software require different approaches. Insurance app development requires one chatbot setup and fintech – another. We have a strong team of engineers who can do this for you and will be happy to share their experience.
For GPT-3 integration, you must have
- API key;
- PHP library (for calling GPT-3 API through PHP).
The main stages of integration are the same as described above. However, they have certain differences depending on the purpose of the connection, the required features, and the way of use.
Next, you need to develop asynchronous code to call the full function of the PHP file and pass the necessary parameters. After that, the developers set up the visual parameters of the chat, features, etc.
Again, the integration process largely depends on the type of website, its functionality and purpose, development technologies, etc. In order not to disrupt the operation of the web platform and avoid unpleasant consequences, integration should be done by professional developers. They know all the nuances and pitfalls of this process.
Cadabra’s engineers will be happy to develop a custom chatbot for you or integrate GPT-3 into your website. Just contact us for a free consultation.
Chat GPT Integration in Salesforce
In Salesforce, Chat GPT is most often used for administration and customer service. A bot can work well within a narrow defined range. The larger the range, the less accurate the answers, the more training it needs. This should be considered before integration.
So, in general, the integration process looks like this:
- Getting an API key.
- Setting up a remote site in your Salesforce organization where the Lightning component is to be deployed (you should also add the URL https://api.openai.com).
- Updating the value of the special label (Chat_GPT_API_Key) in its settings using the API key.
- Creation of the LWC component (it is needed to develop an interface in the form of a chat window).
- Development of code for processing data in the input field and obtaining the result of user requests.
You can find the full code example here.
Please note that this is an example of a simple interface that needs optimization and improvements.
Chat GPT, i.e., Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer, is a chatbot baked by OpenAI, which is still in the research stage but is already actively used not only for scientific but also for commercial purposes.
The bot was created based on artificial intelligence and machine learning. It has the functionality of a search engine, code validation and generation, the use of natural language to answer user questions, and the creation of various types of content (text, images, etc.).
Such chatbots can be easily integrated into a website using an API. They can be used for 24/7 customer service and answers to a given range of questions — the more the bot trains, the better the results.
However, there are a few limitations to be aware of. The bot is programmed not to provide offensive or inappropriate responses, so it will not respond to such requests. In addition, the textual content generated by it can be too difficult to understand and wordy.
However, Chat GPT is actively used in sales, customer service, and advertising. Integrating into Salesforce or websites is easy, but proper configuration and compatibility control require professional skills.
Our developers will be pleased to help you with this, using their extensive experience and expertise. So feel free to contact us in any convenient way.