In order to make yoga practice more manageable and more accessible, many businesses combined yoga and technology that led to yoga app development. These apps help everyone to learn yoga without leaving their homes. Yoga applications gain popularity and become a medium that can change people’s lives.
In this article, we will describe yoga app features and the various steps of creating your own yoga app. We will also delve into yoga app requirements, the cost to build yoga apps, and much more. Have a nice reading!
Why Are Yoga Apps Essential For People Nowadays?
Shortly, yoga apps provide customers with convenience and freedom. People practice yoga anytime they like and in the most comfortable way. They can try various types of yoga to choose the best for them. Also, yoga helps to relax and keep fit at the same time.
Are there more benefits that make yoga apps so popular? Definitely yes. Let’s have a look at them.
- Simple progress tracking. By using yoga apps, people can easily track the results of their practices. Everything they need is to fill in the information about age, weight, etc. According to the received data, apps help customers to set realistic goals that they can accomplish hassle-free.
- Availability of yoga instructors. Yoga apps offer skilled and experienced yoga coaches who will guide customers all the yoga poses, nutrition, etc.
- Constant motivation. As one of the types of fitness apps, the biggest benefit of yoga apps is motivation. When users get daily notifications to start work out, they stay motivated and perform good results.
How To Plan Yoga App Development?
There are various things that you need to consider before starting yoga app development. We highlighted the main stages:
- Market research;
- Investment plan;
- Definition of the target audience;
- Hiring of a dedicated design and development team.
Further in this article, we will provide you with distinct information concerning each stage. Let’s start with the market research and investment plan.
Reasons for Investing in Yoga App Development
The reasons for investing are yoga popularity and high demand. If you look at the latest Google trends, you will notice a significant increase in Google searches for yoga apps worldwide. Millions of individuals are looking to practice yoga at home through interactive online sessions. Looks impressive, isn’t it?
The following figures prove the idea of investing in yoga app development:
- According to Statista, the yoga industry’s revenue has reached $11,5 billion in 2020. The global yoga market size is estimated to be $80 billion.
- The number of yoga practitioners across the world has reached more than 300 million.
- An average yoga practitioner spends approximately $70 on yoga every month.
- 55 million people in the U.S. were practicing yoga in 2020.
As you can see, having a yoga mobile app is a lucrative venture that can quickly turn into a flourishing revenue stream.
Yoga App Target Audience
The proper definition of the target audience ensures the success of yoga applications. You need to know your customers inside out. As a design and development team, we did some customer research to identify the target audience of yoga apps. We categorize the audience into 4 groups: admins, practitioners, teachers, and event organizers.
- Admins. These are apps owners. They manage all users and yoga teachers. Their responsibilities are app supervision, CMS tracking, and data generation.
- Practitioners. The typical yoga practitioner is a female in her mid-30s with discretionary income. Males also practice yoga, but the number of yoginis prevails.
- Teachers. The age and gender are slightly similar to practitioners. Using app features, teachers plan the yoga sessions, activities and can showcase them to the users.
- Event organizers. Both practitioners and teachers can be event organizers. They are responsible for managing yoga events, seminars, or meetings and dealing with booking queries.
Cadabra Studio can provide you with detailed customer research that makes your app successful. Give a call to our managers to get all the details about planning the yoga app development.
Why Do You Need to Build Your Own Yoga App?
A mobile application is a powerful improvement to your business. The best thing about yoga app development for your existing business is that you can use it for both acquiring new customers and retaining existing ones. In addition to this, the yoga app enhances you to:
- support a more personalized relationship with your customers.
- reach the new audience by selling yoga sessions and exercise packs not only to people over the globe.
- be always online. Yoga apps let your business interact with anyone, no matter where they are physically located.
- have more tools to retain clients.
- make customers pay for the membership plans online in a couple of clicks from their smartphone.
Whether you have a yoga studio or think about a startup, a yoga application is a product worth investment.
Key Features of Yoga Application
As we already mentioned, there are 4 types of the target audience for yoga app development. Reasonably, the list of features will vary depending on these types. Let’s have a look at the basic ones first.
Basic Yoga App Features
|User panel||Trainer panel||Event organizer panel||Admin Panel|
|Registration and Login||Registration and Login||Registration and Login||Authenticated login|
|Yoga sessions management||Profile management||Event organization||Dashboard|
|Profile management||Reports||Event approval||User management|
|Event management||Sessions tracking||Update an event||Sessions tracking|
|Choosing the ticket type||Offerings management||Event booking||Payment control|
|Access to e-store||Trainer supervision||Ticket management||Content checking and editing|
|Booking event tickets||Payment control||Payment control||Offerings management|
|Push notifications||Calendar checking||Push notifications||E-store supervision|
Advanced Yoga App Features
Basic features will make your app to be good, but advanced ones will make it to be the best. So, the list of advanced features consists of the following:
- Social Share. This option helps users to share their achievements and feedback on their social networks.
- Gamification. People like challenges, so why not use this feature for app promotion? Providing the audience with a feeling of constant achievement is one of the best ways to keep your retention rate high.
- Live streaming. This feature allows yoga instructors or trainers to stream the sessions on a real-time basis to master yoga poses.
- Real-time analytics. It is useful to get the real-time stats about the app, fitness progress, leading instructors, and the number of active users.
- Leaderboard. The leaderboard acts as a tool for increasing user engagement. It is exciting to showcase the final results to win bonus points and referrals.
- Chat with the instructor. Communication is essential during all stages of yoga practice. With this advanced feature, yoga teachers can maintain their profile ratings by giving on-time replies to the users.
The Importance of UI/UX Design for Your Yoga App
Users won’t fully appreciate app features without proper design.
UI/UX design is an integral part of each application since an upscale visual appearance directly impacts user attraction and loyalty. Your yoga app should have a clear structure, attractive images, engaging videos, and simple navigation, so your customers can use it freely without any frustration.
The high level of UI/UX design symbolizes your positive attitude towards customers. Yoga apps require a smooth and elegant design, so the users will feel comfortable. Check our Dribbble shot for yoga app: it has warm colors and trendy illustrations and motivates practicing yoga.
Hiring a design company that will make your application user-friendly and good-looking is an excellent solution. We advise you to hire a full-stack company that offers the whole spectrum of project development processes.
If you have more questions about UI/UX design importance, contact our managers. We’ll be happy to assist you in creating an outstanding design.
Required Tech Stack for Yoga App Development
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, Google, Azure;
- Content delivery network: Cloudflare/Amazon CloudFront;
- Push Notifications: Twilio, Push.io, Firebase;
- SMS, Voice, and Phone Verification: Nexmo, Twilio;
- Streaming Media System: Wowza Streaming Engine, Nimble Streamer;
- Front-end (client-side): Angular js, Vue.js — for web client; Kotlin — for Android client app; Swift — for iOS client app;
- Back-end (server-side): Ruby (Ruby on Rails framework), Phoenix (elixir framework); Python (Django, Flask), PHP (Lavarel, Codelgniter);
- Hosting: Amazon EC2;
- Payments Options: Braintree & PayPal, Stripe, EWallets, Netbanking;
- Database Technologies: MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra;
- Real-time Analytics: Hadoop, Spark, Apache Flink, Cisco, IBM;
- Auxiliary tools: CoreLocation (iOS), Google Location API (Android) — for geolocation; Google Maps API (Android), MapKit (iOS) — for building routes; Twilio — for push-notifications;
- Email: MailChimp Integration.
Cost to Create Yoga App
Yoga apps are a trendy and lucrative niche in the modern digital market. Yoga has a great potential for improving mental, physical, spiritual, and emotional health. Millions of people worldwide practice yoga at least 2 times a week at home.
You can earn significant revenue if customers get everything they need for yoga practice just in your app. Yoga app development is worth investing in, so why not try?
There are many factors that influence the exact development costs. Firstly, the cost is proportional to the number and type of features incorporated, app size, UI/UX design scalability, chosen mobile platform, app complexity.
Secondly, the cost also depends on the location of the development partner. Countries have different hourly rates and in places where the cost is high, the overall cost of yoga app development increases accordingly. The hourly rates of yoga app developers in 4 main regions are:
- US developers: – from $80 to $250 per hour.
- Eastern-Europe developers: – from $20 to $120 per hour.
- Western Europe Developers – from $50 to $175 per hour.
As a company located in Eastern Europe, we have a team of professional developers and designers that can build an upscale yoga app for a moderate price that will bring you satisfied customers and revenues.
To get an estimate of how much it will cost you to make your own yoga app, contact Cadabra Studio with your requirements. Our managers provide you with information concerning the design and development process.
If you have a project idea in mind and want us to create a yoga app from scratch, schedule a one-one consultation with our managers today. Let your customers get their om on!